Thursday, July 21, 2011

AOTD: nails and bow

I think the reason I don't post on here all the time, is because I barely wear makeup and think of this as a makeup blog. Yeah, sometimes I feel like doing it all special and stuff, and that's when I do the looks :] 
So, I'm making up my own little title for some posts! AOTD.

Accessory of the day.

I change my nails everyday, I get jewelry, so I am going to expand from just makeup to nails and jewelry and such too :] I basically live online, so I order everything I get, I don't actually go outside my house. Like, ever lol. I do have a life though, but I'm a wicked homebody.

Anyway...

So, we are going to start today! 

I'm really wanting a teal color for my nails, and until I have money, I can't get the one I want. Which is from Zoya, so here is one I have in my stash already

Sally Hansen "Insta-Dri" in "Co-Bolt blue"

Obviously, this isn't teal, but I looooooooove the color. I had my friend be the guinea pig the day I got it so I could see what it was like. Epic fail, really amusing. However, this nail polish has a brush on it that's like a mini flat brush. The brush is dense, and doesn't have the same tapered rounder brushes that other companies brushes do. It's literally a mini flat, paint brush. It really makes it challenging to get the polish on the nails... it has no curve, so you can't get the sides of the nail that great. As you can see in the picture, I got a lot on the sides of my nails. Plus, because the brush is so hard to work with, AND it's Insta-Dri, it's like a cruel joke! But it's pretty :]

Well, learned what Sally Hansen Insta-Dri brushes are like. Won't buy this again formula again.

Now, I got a ring in the mail yesterday that I got from e-bay. Let me start by saying, I have no money. So, I don't mind if it's coming from China and .99 cents on there. This is disposable jewelry. And China makes some good disposable jewelry. It's really hit or miss. Anyway, I have my basic, never take off jewelry and then I have free space. I can't afford an everyday piece. I be broke. Here is the ring though - 


I don't care what anyone says, THAT ^ is good for .99 cents. It's not going to last forever, but it's gooood now! It's so cute. It is really sparkly and the gold parts are really shiny, some of it is hammered looking. It's just good.

So, yeah! I hope you guys like my idea for my blog, and hopefully I can get some more followers so I can follow some more blogs! I really do read the people's blogs. Weird, I know lol...

Love you all,
XOXO M

2 comments:

  1. aah ok i was wondering what aotd was! very cute- bows are so in right now (: 99 cents?!?!? (why dont we have a "cents" sign on our keyboards?) wow before I read that part i thought it was much more expensive! good eye, girl friend! hopefully you wont have to dispose of it for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, not now, i figure it has a shelf life of... a couple months lol. no shame in my game!

    ReplyDelete