Thursday, May 10, 2012

Time to get healthy!


I'm not going to lie, I have probably one of the most unhealthy lifestyles. EVER.

I smoke.
I eat crap.
I don't exercise.
I hate and never drink water.

I know that all of those things need to change.
Summer '12 is going to be my journey to a healthier me!

I don't care what size my jeans are, or being in a bikini. I want to be healthy so I can stick around and enjoy life with my family and friends for many years to come!

My goal?
To be in shape and healthy.

So this is post #1. I think that if I know I need to blog it, I will be motivated to do it. Like I'm going to post multiple "Uh, I didn't do anything this week" blogs, right?!

More than ever am I inspired to get my ass in gear because I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic in January. Uh oh...

For week 1 of blogging my progress, I am talking simple changes. Diet. I'm not on a "diet". If I was, it would be all I think about, and it may turn out like all the other times I've gone on a diet - EPIC FAIL.
After meeting with a diabetes counselor and a nutritionist, I am on a low-glycemic diet [cutting out complex and simple sugars]. It's so hard, and I cheat - A LOT. I am really going to focus on what I eat.

I've started the diet about 4 months ago, but I need this exercising. I HATE it. So much. So, so much. But, it has to happen. 

I also wouldn't mind to lose some weight. I've struggled with it most of my life and I would love to change my lifestyle to keep some weight off.

I have committed to www.teambeachbody.com. My friend Maggie is my "coach" and we have a FB page with other people to help motivate and cheer eachother on! You by all means can join us too if this is something you'd like to take on with us :] It's simple, you choose your at-home program, and record your results. I chose Power Fit Plus. It's two 20 minute dvd's and it comes with resistance bands. It's going to be my 60 day routine. I can't wait to see results!

If I was brave enough I'd put up my stats and before pics, but that ain't happening!

Thanks for listening to me rant ;] If you have any tips, or tricks, some advice maybe, PLEASE feel free to leave it below. It's always easier to do something when you know you have support and need to be the support for others <3

Lots of Love,
XOXO Mary


2 comments:

  1. cool dude! welcome to the club! haha! I am have been eating and exercising healthily but i still do smoke ): anyways, i have some really recipes and a whole supplement/vitamin post on my blog if you wanna check it out! just click on the "body" button on the left side bar. good luck either way. i hope you will post about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :] i'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete